Saturday, June 9, 2012

Oh, for Tweet’s Sake

So many people complain about Twitter. ”I don’t get it” or “it’s a waste of time” or “why does anyone want to know what I’m doing” or “I don’t see how it can sell books.” Yeah, that was me, too, a while back. Then I decided to grab Twitter by the…eh, well, whatever one would grab it by and use it how I wanted.

Honestly? I get most of my news from Twitter. It’s fast and easy and I can glance down my home page and see headlines on subjects which interest me. Not what Yahoo! or CNN wants me to see – what I want to see. And it’s easy.

I like hearing about hockey, whales, satire, and human rights. I also like to know what book bloggers and reviewers are talking about. So I searched on those topics and picked out a few people to follow. Twitter then gave me suggestions of subject-related people I might like to follow. I checked them out. If they were my style – basically NOT tweeting every thirty seconds, I followed them. Bingo – I’m now following 20 or so people who will keep me updated on topics which interest me. Nice. As they tweet and retweet, I’ll learn about more people I’d like to follow. And so on.

To read the rest of my post, please visit IndiesUnlimited.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment