Wow? An award? For my blog?
It may not be an Academy Award for best screenplay or a Pulitzer, but it sure is nice to be appreciated. Fellow author Stephen Hise has bestowed "The Versatile Blogger" award upon this here blog.
This is a "you're awesome, pass it on" kind of award, and there are 3 rules which are:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass this award off to 5 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it.
That's pretty cool. Thanks for thinking of me, Stephen. Hise's blog, Indies Unlimited, is loaded with side-splitting clever satire, sneak previews and author interviews. If you haven't checked it out, you really should. I promise it will be worth it.
Seven things about me? Ugh.
1. I speak French to squirrels. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because the word squirrel just sounds better in French.
2. I've been to all 50 States, and some foreign nations that were nice enough to let me in.
3. Writing is something I've always done - even with crayons way back before fire was invented. :)
4. I walked before I crawled. I've always done things a little out of order.
5. I love turning real-life mean people into characters in my books and then humiliating them. It's better than therapy.
6. Teddy Roosevelt is my favorite President.
7. I did not pay Stephen Hise in exchange for this award. :)
And now the best part - the "Pass it on" to five other bloggers. If you haven't been to these blogs, please take the time to check them out.
Write Words/Arline Chase - great advice and writing tips for authors
Book Monsters Reviews - Super friendly site featuring honest reviews, give-aways and more
Avoiding the Stairs - Poignant and satirical stories
Dames of Dialogue - A classy blog by truly classy dames!
Morgen Bailey's Writing Blog - if you can't find it here, well...
So again, a special thank you to Stephen Hise. This was fun - well, except for the seven things about me part. I don't like to have to think that hard.